Over 57% of Occupied Donbas Residents Consider Themselves Ukrainian citizens

This is the results of public opinion research conducted in the occupied territories from Oct. 7 to31 by the New Image Marketing Group and published in the Dzerkalo Tyzhnia online media outlet

uatv
09.11.2019

More than 57 percent of residents of the temporarily non-controlled territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions consider themselves Ukrainian citizens.

This is the results of public opinion research conducted in the occupied territories from Oct. 7 to31 by the New Image Marketing Group and published in the Dzerkalo Tyzhnia online media outlet.

“57.8 percent of residents of the so-called ‘Donetsk People’s Republic’ and ‘Luhansk People’s Republic’ called themselves Ukrainian citizens. Obviously, they keep a Ukrainian passport on a shelf. However, 41.6 percent of those who said goodbye to Ukraine live next to them. Among them, 34.8 percent have the DPR/LPR passports and 6.8 percent have Russian passports. It is likely that among these people there is a hidden percentage of those who hesitated and had been pressured by personal circumstances,” the statement reads.

At the same time, it is noted that more than 42 percent of those living in the occupied territories have never thought about getting a Russian passport.

According to the research results, 80.8 percent of residents of the occupied territories have never thought about leaving these territories, while another 19.2 percent think about leaving but have not decided where to go.

The face-to-face interview was conducted with 1,606 respondents: 800 in the non-controlled part of Luhansk region and 806 in the non-controlled part of Donetsk region. Official 2014 statistical data were used to calculate the sample, adjusted taking into account available demographic data of IDPs who left uncontrolled territories.

Source Ukrinform
date 09.11.2019
categories Society
share
Top UA|TV News