Current Ceasefire Has Been Relatively Successful
The ceasefire regime agreed to on July 21, 2019 has most held with no civilian casualties
Photo from Ukrinform – UATV
The next meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) on the peaceful settlement of the situation in eastern Ukraine will be held on September 4, 2019.
The Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office in Ukraine and in the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG), Ambassador Martin Sajdik, said this in a press statement following the TCG’s meeting in Minsk that was held on August 23, 2019.
“The ceasefire that had been agreed by the TCG, and entered into force on July 21, 2019, continues to yield results. Compared to previous recommitments to a ceasefire, this one has been the most effective. Today, 30 days after its start, the average figure of ceasefire violations continues to be significantly lower compared to this indicator before the ceasefire took effect,” Sajdik said.
Also, according to the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission, since the beginning of the ceasefire, no civilian casualties due to shelling have been recorded, although, unfortunately, one person was injured. This is evidence of the importance of the ceasefire agreements by the TCG.
“Once again, I urge all the sides to continue to fully comply with these obligations, especially with a view to the beginning of the school year,” Sajdik noted.