How International Payment Providers Can Operate in Ukraine
The regulator considers the documents within 60 business days after the submission of a complete set of documents, meeting all established requirements
Photo from Ukrinform-UATV
The National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) explained how foreign payment service providers can start operating in Ukraine on Facebook.
Firstly, the international payment system must be registered with the NBU. The following bodies may apply:
- An international payment system provider
- Its’ representative in Ukraine
- An authorized foreign agency
- A settlement bank of a foreign international payment system in Ukraine
Secondly, in order to comply with the conditions and rules of the international payment system operation in Ukraine, they must apply the following documents:
- An application for approval of terms and procedure of operation in Ukraine
- A questionnaire
- A copy of registration documents of a payment system operator
- A brief information note or copies of internal documents covering the operating procedures of the international payment system
The regulator considers the documents within 60 business days after the submission of a complete set of documents, meeting all established requirements.