Russian Controlled Forces Violate Ceasefire 11 Times in Donbas Over Past Day
Weapons banned by the Minsk agreements were used during the attacks
Photo from Ukrinform – UATV
Russian controlled forces violated the ceasefire 11 times on December 10, 2019 in the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) area in eastern Ukraine.
“The enemy used 82mm mortars banned under the Minsk agreements, weapons on infantry fighting vehicles, grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine guns and other small arms to shell positions of the Joint Forces,” the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘East’:
- 82mm mortars, grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine gun and small arms fire near Lebedynske (16km east of Mariupol);
- Hand-held antitank grenade launchers and heavy machine gunfire outside Pavlopil (25km northwest of Mariupol);
- Automatic grenade launchers in the area of Shyrokyne (20km east of Mariupol).
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘North’:
- Grenade launchers of different systems and small arm fire near Mayorske (45km north of Donetsk);
- Heavy machine gun and small arms fire outside Kindrashivska Nova;
- Rocket-propelled grenade launchers and heavy machine gun fire in the area of Shumy (41km north of Donetsk);
- 82mm mortars, weapons on BMP-1 infantry fighting vehicles and mounted antitank grenade launchers near Luhanske (59km northeast of Donetsk);
- Automatic grenade launchers and small arm fire outside Katerynivka (64km west of Luhansk) and Novoluhanske (53km northeast of Donetsk).
No casualties among Joint Forces members were reported from the multiple attacks.
|Source||JFO Press Center|
|categories||Joint Forces Operation|