Russian Controlled Forces Violate Ceasefire 13 Times in Donbas Over Past Day
Weapons banned by the Minsk agreements were used during the attacks
Photo from Ukrinform – UATV
Russian controlled forces violated the ceasefire 13 times in the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) area in Donbas on January 10, 2020.
“The enemy used 122mm artillery systems, 120mm and 82mm mortars banned under the Minsk agreements, grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine guns and other small arms to shell Ukrainian positions,” the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘East’:
- Grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine gun and other small arms fire near Marinka (23km southwest of Donetsk);
- Mounted automatic grenade launchers and small arms fire outside Nevelske (18km northwest of Donetsk);
- 82mm mortars, grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine gun and small arms fire in the area of Vodiane (94km south of Donetsk);
- Small arms fire near Novotroitske (36km southwest of Donetsk).
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘North’:
- 122mm artillery systems, 120mm and 82mm mortars, grenade launchers of different systems and small arms fire near Orikhove (57km northwest of Luhansk);
- Grenade launchers of different systems and small arms fire outside Luhanske (59km northeast of Donetsk);
- Under-barrel grenade launcher in the area of Pivdenne (40km north-east of Donetsk);
- 120mm mortars near Novotoshkivske (53km west of Luhansk).
Three soldiers of the Joint Forces were wounded as a result of the attacks.
In addition to the shelling, Russian controlled forces also flew two drones over the control line near Pryazovske in Donbas.
Photo Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
One of the drones was shot down by JFO forces and the Ministry of Defense released a photo of a soldier holding a fragment of the destroyed drone.
|Source||JFO Press Center|
|categories||Joint Forces Operation|