Russian Controlled Forces Violated Ceasefire 16 Times in Donbas Over Past Day
Weapons banned under the Minsk agreements were used multiple times
Photo from Ukrinform – UATV
Russian controlled forces violated the ceasefire 16 times in the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) area in eastern Ukraine on September 15, 2019.
“The enemy used 120mm and 82mm mortars banned under the Minsk agreements, grenade launchers of different systems and small arms to shell Ukrainian troops,” the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘East’:
- Grenade launchers of different systems and small fire near Avdiivka (17km north of Donetsk) and Novohnativka (40km south of Donetsk);
- mall arms fire in the area of Mykolaivka (77km west of Luhansk) and Pyshchevyk (25km northeast of Mariupol);
- Automatic grenade launchers and small arms fire outside Vodiane (94km south of Donetsk) and Krasnohorivka (21km west of Donetsk);
- Mounted antitank grenade launchers in the area of Lebedynske (16km east of Mariupol);
- Under-barrel grenade launchers and small arms fire near Marinka (23km southwest of Donetsk).
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘North’:
- 82mm and 120mm mortars and automatic grenade launcher near Novoluhanske (53km northeast of Donetsk);
- 82mm mortars outside Zaitseve (62km north-east of Donetsk) and Travneve (51km northeast of Donetsk).
No casualties among Ukrainian troops were reported over the past day.
|Source||JFO Press Center|
|categories||Joint Forces Operation|