Russian Occupation Forces Launch Seven Attacks in Donbas Over Past Day
Weapons banned by the Minsk agreements were used four times
Photo from Ukrinform – UATV
Russian occupation forces violated the ceasefire seven times, using weapons banned under the Minsk agreements four times, in the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) area in Donbas over the past day.
“The enemy used 122mm artillery systems, 82mm and 120mm mortars, grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine guns and small arms to launch attacks on Ukrainian defenders,” the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘East’:
- 120mm mortars and mounted antitank grenade launchers near Pavlopol (25km northwest of Mariupol);
- Automatic mounted grenade launchers – in the area of Novotroitske (36km southwest of Donetsk);
- Heavy machine guns and small arms – near Hnutove (20km northeast of Mariupol).
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘North’:
- 122mm artillery systems and 82mm mortars to shell Ukrainian positions near Zolote-4 (59km west of Luhansk);
- 82mm mortars – outside Novhorodske (35km north of Donetsk);
- Grenade launchers of different systems near Krymske (42km northwest of Luhansk).
One serviceman of the Joint Forces was wounded in the shelling. The Joint Forces units adequately returned fire in response to the enemy shooting.
According to intelligence, two invaders were killed, and 12 more were wounded on May 17.
|Source||JFO Press Center|
|categories||Joint Forces Operation|