Russian Occupation Forces Violate Ceasefire 11 Times in Donbas Over Past Day
Weapons banned by the Minsk agreements were three times, one Ukrainian soldier was killed during the attacks
Photo from Ukrinform – UATV
The armed formations of the Russian Federation violated the ceasefire 11 times, using the weapons banned under the Minsk agreements three times, in the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) area in Donbas over the past day.
“The enemy used 122mm artillery systems, 82mm and 120mm mortars, grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine guns, automatic small arms and sniping weapons to launch attacks on Ukrainian defenders,” the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘East’:
- 122mm artillery systems and 120mm mortars near Lebedynske (16km east of Mariupol);
- 120mm mortars – outside Vodiane (94km south of Donetsk);
- Mounted antitank grenade launchers and small arms – in the area of Shyrokyne (20km east of Mariupol);
- Automatic mounted grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms – near Pavlopol (25km northwest of Mariupol).
In the zone of action of tactical force ‘North’:
- 82mm mortars near Shumy (41km north of Donetsk);
- Automatic mounted grenade launchers and heavy machine guns – outside Novooleksandrivka (65km west of Luhansk);
- Automatic mounted grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and sniper weapons – in the area of Novozvanivka (70km west of Luhansk);
- Hand-held grenade launchers – near Mayorske (45km north of Donetsk);
- Heavy machine guns – outside Luhanske (59km northeast of Donetsk).
One soldier of the Joint Forces was killed, two more were wounded in the shelling. The Joint Forces units adequately returned fire in response to the enemy shooting.
According to intelligence, one invader was wounded on May 14.
|Source||JFO Press Center|
|categories||Joint Forces Operation|