Ten Attacks by Russian-Backed Militants in Donbas Over Past Day
No casualties were reported among Ukrainian military units
Photo from Ukrinform-UATV
April 20, Russian-backed military units violated the ceasefire regime 10 times, including four times with the use of arms prohibited by the Minsk agreements, the press service of the Joint Forces Operation HQ reported.
Militants spent 61 mortar shells of 120mm and 82mm calibers in total. The enemy also fired at Ukrainian troops using the arms of infantry fighting vehicles, grenade launchers of various systems, large-caliber machine guns and small arms.
“The opponent fired four times using mortars of 120mm and 82mm calibers,” the report says.
In the zone of action of the East tactical force, the enemy launched nine attacks against Ukrainian units.
- 120 mmand 82mm Mortars, mounted anti-tank grenade launchers in the area of the village of Pavlopil – twice.
- 82mm Mortars, arms of infantry fighting vehicles near the Opytne settlement.
- Mounted anti-tank grenade launchers and small arms in the vicinity of the Pisky settlement – twice.
- Hands-held grenade launchers and small arms in the area of the Avdiivka settlement – twice.
- Large-caliber machine guns and small arms in the area of the settlement Hnutove – twice.
In the zone of action of the North tactical force, militants delivered fire against Ukrainian strongholds from 120mm caliber mortars near the Khutir Vilnyi.
No casualties were reported among Ukrainian military units. Forces of the Ukrainian army delivered an adequate response for the enemy’s hostile actions.
According to intelligence data, four Russian-backed militants were killed, six were wounded.
|categories||Joint Forces Operation|